The Clean Energy Platform is led by 25x’25 Alliance.
Vision: By 2025, America’s farms, forests and ranches will provide 25 percent of the total energy consumed in the United States, while continuing to produce safe, abundant, and affordable food, feed and fiber. Sustainability is the focus.
See testimony before Congress Oct. 30, 2019 – Mr. Fred Yoder, 4th Generation Farmer; Co-Chair, Solutions from the Land –Testimony [PDF]
Farmers and ranchers are directly impacted by climate change
- Disastrous events due to extreme weather are becoming more frequent, and their cost is enormous.
- These are not things science is telling us will happen. These challenges are happening now and we are struggling mightily to adapt.
Farmers and ranchers are part of the solutions
- sustainably increasing agricultural productivity and livelihoods (i.e. sustainable intensification);
- enhancing adaptive capacity and improving resilience; and
- delivering ecosystem services, sequestering carbon, and reducing and/or avoiding greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs).